From:
Melanie Solomon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jun 1998 12:33:58 PDT
Hi, Robert:

I attended a session on that very topic at the recent American
Association of Museums conference in Los Angeles.  Donna Braden of The
Henry Ford Museum spoke of their plans for reinterpreting their
collections--very intriguing.  The High Museum of Art in Atlanta also
did a presentation on their recent gallery renovations and addition of
computerized interactives to interpret the collections.

Good luck,

Melanie Solomon
Curator of History
The Springfield Museums
Springfield, Massachusetts

>I'm part of an exhibition team trying to rethink/conceptualise/manage a
new
>approach to the display and interpretation of decorative arts and
design.

>I'd be interested in hearing from those on the list and others of any
new
>galleries/museums that have had  a completely new and different look at
how
>decorative arts and design are put on display and interpreted in situ.
In