From:
Roger Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Dec 1998 12:35:09 +1300
I am reminded of the somewhat distorted figures that result from the use of
electronic beam 'people counters'.
We introduced such a device in a major art gallery a few years ago. This
unfortunately coincided with a period of interior reconstruction which meant
a steady stream of tradespeople.
The painter's with their ladders resulted in some 'excellent patronage
figures' on the days that the rungs of their ladders passed through the
beam!

This problem is also compounded if there is more than one entry or exit.
The only accurate method is by till receipt entry

Roger

GLOBAL MUSEUM - Your FREE Museum EZINE
http://www.globalmuseum.org