From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 21:23:13 -0700
The gist of the original note singes my nose hairs.  I
smell a control freak, big time!  Most of us who've
been around the block a time or twenty have had to
work for one of those.  Some petty person who doesn't
have enough to do and has decided they'll find their
recreation today trying to control your thoughts,
opinions, and expressions.

Reminds me of a lecture I've given only my best of
friends, but quite a number of times.  PEOPLE ONLY
HAVE POWER OVER YOU IF YOU give THEM POWER!

So whomever it is that has decided it is
unprofessional to display the flag on one's work space
during the time of America's greatest national travail
could probably take Ebenezer Scrooge's place I'm
afraid, but they wouldn't stop this child.

Me, I'm too much of an independent soul, a not to be
controlled, a rabble rouser when you've trounced on
those things I hold dear, and I might comply with the
no flag on my desk rule to keep my job.

But I would come to work dressed in clothing of red,
white, and blue every damned day in some combination
and tasteful clothes and jewelry that demonstrate the
flag.  I'd hold my head up high and do my job well and
think thoughts not suitable for polite company all the
while I was smiling in that twit's face.

I had thoughts of saying something like, have you got
a plastic shield?  When asked why, I'd probably say
something like you need a high colonic, and that stuff
flows down hill.  Since I don't want to be here when
thar she blows, take this flag and put it in a place
where the sun is most assuredly guaranteed not to
shine.

So much for professionality.

Nasty little bugger (yeah, me, too, this minute, but
I'm afraid you've found one of my pet peeves).  Stop
by my zoo some time and see the collection, LOL.

> > I'm with Ross. I would find it impossible, as a
> professional,
> > to work in
> > such a setting.

=====