From:
"Anne M. Derousie" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 1996 22:10:46 -0700
The discussion of photographic reproduction rights comes at a time when
our museum has instituted a new policy regarding the fee schedule for
such rights. We have experienced a great deal of resistence to the new
fees and that raises the following questions I would like to ask of other
institutions:

        What is your fee for one/time, one/publication use of a
        photograph? (For printed use)

        For commercial users?

        For non-profit users?

        For commercial, but small scale (ie a book with limited
        local interest?

        What if a user wants ten different images for one publication
        Do you still charge the same rate per photograph?

The answers to these questions may help us resolve this issue for our
institution.  Thanks in advance.

Anne M. Derousie
Seneca Falls Historical Society
Seneca Falls, New York 13148