From:
jennifer carlquist <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Nov 1998 13:22:17 -0600
Please excuse any duplicate postings of this message.

There was some discussion on the list this past summer about the
"millennium bug." I have heard that some of the older collections
management software like MIMSY are susceptible to the problem. Although it
pains me to admit it, my museum  still uses MIMSY.
I would like to transfer the info into a modern system, of course. Does
anyone know if this has to be done before 2000?

Please reply off-list about your MIMSY advise.

Thank you,

Jennifer Carlquist
Curator of Education
Glensheen Historic Estate - University of Minnesota