From:
Janice Klein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 17:42:21 -0500
Let me jump in here again (since my last attempt at being inflamatory got
ignored) and say that no one has suggested that museums change their
exhibits or labels or interpretative biases, only that some groups prefer
not to visit parts of some exhibits and provide their own interpretation
within their own visitng group.

I would suggest that "intellectual integrity" has more to do with presenting
material to the best of one's ability and understanding and identifying
one's bias, rather than insisiting on that being incontrovertable "fact".
Have we learned nothing from the Museum of Jurassic Technology?

janice

Janice Klein
Director, Mitchell Museum of the American Indian, Kendall College
www.mitchellmuseum.org