From:
"Robert O. Dahl" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Aug 1994 09:07:50 -0700
>Wow!  Where can you just say you don't want telemarketing calls and
>you don't get them??!!  Sounds wonderful!  Automated telemarketing
>calls are illegal in Arkansas--you still get them sometimes.  My
>personal solution (since we estimate that some 90%--yes, 90%--of
>our calls at home are either telephone solicitors or wrong numbers):
>the wonderful answering machine.  We're listed in the book, all
>right, but we don't answer the phone until it comes through the
>machine.  Sounds hard-hearted, but years of experience (when we've
>relented and actually answered the cursed thing) have proved us
>right.
>
> Nan Lawler, Special Collections
>University of Arkansas Libraries
>Fayetteville, AR  72701-1201
>
>Nan,
This is for US West in Tucson, but it may apply elsewhere:
* Write to:Direct Marketing Association, Inc., 6 East 43rd Street,New York,10017
        Ask to have your name removed from telephone solicitation lists.
* For US West Direct: call; 1-800-244-1111 and ask to have your name
removed from lists they sell to others.

Hope this helps,
Robert

" The greatest victory in life is the victory over oneself"...slogan above
a Russian prison entrance.

Robert O. Dahl
Interpretation and Conceptual Exhibit Design            Ph:(602) 797-4752

8421 N. Via Tioga
Tucson, AZ 85704
internetaddress:[log in to unmask]
              AOL: [log in to unmask]