From:
adrienne drapkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Apr 1998 09:37:20 -0600
Another source would be Dorfman Museum Figures, (410) 685-1670.  I dont
have the address.

We get most of our mannequins from Penney's - they've either donated them
or sold them very reasonably.  However, we recently had to turn a Penney's
glamor girl, with blue eyeshadow, glossy red lips, and perky wig into a
virginal early 20th century nurse.  I'd admired the Metropolitan Museum's
Costume Institute mannequins, which have twisted paper for hair and are
painted a neutral color, generally grey.  So with a package of tissue
paper, pins and spray paint, we transformed her and she looks pretty darn
good!

-Adrienne

Adrienne Drapkin
Director
University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics Medical Museum
200 Hawkins Drive
Iowa City, IA 52242
USA
(319) 356-7106