Date:
Wed, 14 Dec 1994 13:35:37 -0500
Paisley Cato asked:
>1) Is anyone aware of any other MUSEUM that has required drug
>testing?

My museum is a city owned museum (Detroit Institute of Arts).  As far as I
know, all city employees must undergo drug testing when they begin
employment.  Thus, all members of the museum staff with city positions
(curators, registrars, conservators, security, building maintenance) have
had to undergo drug testing as they enter the city's employ.   Personally,
I found it offensive and embarrassing, but I wanted the job I had applied
for.  Incidently, I have to live within the city limits as well.   These
two issues together have recruitment ramifications for the museum, as you
might imagine.

Suzanne Quigley
Head Registrar
DIA