From:
Exhibitions Department <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 11:42:18 -0500
There are far more smaller institutions than larger ones, especially in
smaller cities with fewer resources, and they are the ones in the most
desperate need of good, thoughtful people.  If you need to be needed, and
want to be somewhere you can make a real difference in the community (and
not just in the institution), go for the smaller places.  It's not where
you've been but what you've accomplished that will propel your career
forward.

YMMV.

Julia Moore
Director of Exhibitions and Artist Services
Indianapolis Art Center