From:
Rose James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 1998 12:05:47 -0800
We are also in the process of planning a new museum which will include
education space, collections space, and so on. We will be teaching art,
science, and history all under one roof. Our museum is a recently merged
groups of regional museums in Northern California, located on the Sacramento
River. I am also interested in the wisdom from museums who have gone this
route before us, and learning what does/doesn't work. Thanks in advance for
any information that you would care to share.

Kelly Goulette wrote in message ...
The Denver Zoo just completed a new education building and might be a good
resource for you.

>>> "Sara E. Clinard" <[log in to unmask]> 02/18 11:04 AM >>>
We are in the process of planning a new museum building.  Has anyone
recently built a new building or education wing?  We are wondering what an
ideal education department would have.  We are a natural
history/science museum that serves a 13 county (rural/small town)area of
about 300,000 people.

Here are our questions

1.  How many staff persons do you have for your new facility?
2.  How many classrooms
3.  What kind of labs?
4.  What kind of storage space
5.  What is your optimum square footage for education?

tia,

Sara Clinard
University Museum, University of Arkansas-Fayetteville