From:
Melanie Solomon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 1998 10:54:02 PST
George:
The best solution may be to not label these objects at all, since they
are in constant use and you indicate that you do not want to mark them
permanently.  Instead, photograph the exhibit and artifacts, and label
the photos.  As long as you keep good records and files, you should be
able to keep track of the objects.

Melanie Solomon
Curator of History
The Springfield Museums
Massachusetts, USA

>Dear Colleagues,
>I am working at the Hellenic Children's Museum as head of the Resource
>Center and Collections Manager.
>In the process of cataloguing our exhibits and their contents I have
come
>upon a problem: Labeling plastic artifacts used in the "Bubbles"
exhibit is
>easily removed because of frequent washing (I tried the
varnish-ink-varnish