Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 1999 09:25:33 -0400
Attached is a query I have received from a colleague at the AWM.

We have always used the names used at the time of the event, but are now
adding, in parentheses, the current names. I think this is important, as
people, over time, become increasingly unaware of the previous names.

I'd be interested in what other museums do. It is an issue hardly confined
to museums of history!

Harry Needham
Special Advisor - Programme Development
Canadian War Museum
330 Sussex Drive,
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
K1A 0M8
Office: (819) 776-8612;  Fax (819) 776-8623;  [log in to unmask]