From:
Angela Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 10:15:05 -0500
Good morning, Museum-L'ers!

I asked this question in a more round-about, general way about a month
ago, but now I'm ready to be more specific to get more specific answers.

I am currently working with our museum's director to determine our needs
for a technology position.  We are currently installing a museum-wide
network that will have to be maintained and supported for about 50
users.  We will need staff training on using the network and other basic
software.  We are also looking for someone who can keep track of our web
site and work with our contracted design company and our curatorial and
interpretation staff to make changes and add new content.  Additionallly
(and this is farther down the road), we need someone who can work with
our staff to develop interpretive projects using new media.  So, we
think we are looking for someone with creative thinking ability, good
communication skills, and technical know-how.

So, here are my questions/requests for those of you on the list who have
new media jobs within your institution or who work closely with IT, web
or other new media people in your institution:  Do you have a job
description and would you be willing to send it to via email, fax or
snail mail?  How are new media projects handled by your institution - do
you have a separate staff for new media projects and how do they work
with other curators and educators, etc?  What requirements were listed
in job postings for those positions?

Thank you for your collective and individual help!
--
Angela Roberts
Interpretation Coordinator

Museum-L" (without the quotes).