From:
Leslie Munro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Mar 1998 21:25:30 -0800
Dear Sandy,

You will have difficulty with your query since directories for museums in
and Canada use varied terms to describe museums, but I suggest you try
the following publications as a starting point:

        CMA Directory - online version through the CHIN website for the
most up to date information at http://www.chin.gc.ca

and

        Museums of the World, 5th edition - the most current edition(?)

plus any other museum directories that cover both countries.

In addition you might try BMUSE, also on the CHIN website, and search for
listings in the Museum Category search field using 'ecomuseum' and
'community' museum selected from the pop-up menu to see if these are what
you want. You may narrow your search to the specified countries by
entering the country names in the two subject fields.

Good luck,

Leslie Munro.