From:
unlisted <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2006 15:17:56 -0500
oral history is one thing.  archiving ie. 'way back machine' which is in
essence reproducing written words and websites without consent is another.

Boing Boing: Internet Archive sued over Wayback Machine
      Internet Archive sued over Wayback Machine ... the access to its old
Web pages, stored in the Internet Archive's database, was unauthorized and
illegal. ...
      www.boingboing.net/2005/07/13/internet_archive_sue.html - 26k -
Cached - Similar pages

the argument could be applied to include ANY list that refuses to remove
posts to a 'member' only group, that appear online to the general public.