Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 1997 14:39:56 -0700

> On Mon, 24 Mar 1997, Sharyn Horowitz wrote:
>
> > Our most famous exhibit is Juno, a talking transparent woman. She was built
> > in Cologne in 1950 and was sold under the name "Eve." We were wondering if
> > anyone  out there still has this model.
> >
> > Sharyn Horowitz, The Health Museum of Cleveland
> > 8911 Euclid Avenue
> > Cleveland, OH 44106
> > (216) 231-5010
> > fax 216-231-5129

Richard Rush Studios, in Chicago, used to make the competition.  She was
known as TAM, or transparent anatomical mannequin.  Rush Studios was
sold to General Exhibits,  Palatine(?), IL, in the late 80's.  I'm not
sure whether or not General Exhibits still makes TAM. If they don't they
might be willing to tell you who makes Eve, or if that model is still
being made. I used to work on TAM at Rush Studios and I know that we had
the information on Eve but certainly wouldn't have been encouraged to
share it. I seem to recall that Eve was made in Germany.

Mary Maxon
Exhibit Design
Idaho Museum of Natural History