Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 21:21:44 -0700
Diane & co.,

Degrees do open doors...but hard work, timing, luck, talent, networking,
guts, and a thousand other things combined also end up helping to
determine our careers.

For my two cents, you are better off concentrating on doing what you
like (yes, Heather, while also making ends meet) and trying to gain
experience and meet people in the field.  I plan to go back for a
Masters someday (or doing it via mail!), but in the meantime I have not
found my Bachelor's in Biology to be a limiting factor.

You might not want to end up doing the stuff I have been doing, but
there are LOTS of paths to follow out there.  You may even find that you
end up in a job that pays for some of your education - I haven't, but I
have heard of such things!  When you do end up devoting all that time
and money to further your education, let it be in an area that you KNOW
you want and need to pursue.

Best wishes,
Tim

PS - my greetings and sincere thanks to those on this list that have
helped me get where I am today!

--
Timothy L. Campbell
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Towers/8189