From:
Kathy Mancuso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 09:06:47 -0400
I'd be really interested in seeing the results of this. I have started
reading in the anthropology of science recently and want to connect it to
my ethnographic work on museums--the connections have been thrown into
sharp relief for me in light of the recent controversy over cutting
research and in light of my own problems fitting the mold of "systematic
natural history research" the Research Training Program wants (even though
I consider myself a museum anthropologist, I don't do what they want).

Someone in STS (science & tech studies) recommended Robot Wars (1998) by
Matthew Weinstein to me as a synthesis of the two and said he thinks he
remembers some articles in the field published in various science studies
journals; I am looking for the book and will give you complete biblio when
I find it.  I wonder if the Smithsonian's Office of Internal Studies
publishes anything.  www.si.edu/iso

Please send a copy of your article to the list!!!!

Kathy Mancuso