From:
"Mark C. Vang" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 09:22:14 -0400
I'm not sure if I understand what you mean by this, since a "stand alone"
device is required to play the MPEG-2 stream.... what is an exhibition
environment in this context?  Are you talking about video projection?

Once I understand that... this may apply to what I am doing.  I am
developing a software/hardware system for exhibit use which allows the
selection of video clips via touch-screen computer system (stand alone
device).  It will use an internal, user modifiable (museum staff) database
which allows the selection of clips to be changed.  Thus the touch-screen
system can be used for temporary exhibits, or permanent exhibits where
content might change.

Mark C. Vang
Freya Ventures
www.freyaventures.com