From:
Claudia Nicholson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 May 1997 13:27:28 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]>, Sylvia Duggan
<[log in to unmask]> says:

>I have seen other Museums use brightly colored tapes preprinted
>with the words "Empty"   "Full"   or something similar.  These
>tapes are adhesive and used to mark crates being held in storage
>to indicate their status.

Another simpler, cheaper method that I learned from Joanne Kudla, registrar
at the Buffalo Bill Historical Center in Cody, Wyoming, is the following.

Use any regular shipping tape, tape over at least one side of the crate
top/side, and write on the tape "Empty, date, your initials".  That way
you know who unpacked the crate, and when.

Works for  us.

Claudia Nicholson
Curator of Collections
Museum of the South Dakota State Historical Society
Pierre