From:
Sally Baulch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 1996 13:28:19 -0600
On Thu, 22 Feb 1996, ERIN E. GAMSE wrote:

> Has anyone ever heard of renting a hygrothermograph?  If so is this
> recommended?  Who rents them?

Regional museum groups like the Colorado/Wyoming Association of Museums
have put together travelling environmental control kits for one month
rentals.  The project was intended to help museums that had not used such
equipment before get a feel for environmental monitoring and to help museums
that could not afford the equipment.  Once upon a time the contacts were:

        Bob Gant, Wyoming State Museum, 303/777-5966
        Jude Southward, Colorado History Museum, 303/866-3682

I believe the equipment was paid for with a grant and so the "renter" only
had to cover insurance, shipping, and replacement costs (for sticky
traps, etc.)

We are hoping to duplicate the program thru the Texas Association of
Museums if 1) we can convince the TAM this is vital to museums and 2) we
can find a funding source.  Lots of logistical work ahead....

Sally Baulch
Collections Manager, Anthropology & History Division
Texas Memorial Museum