From:
John Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 2009 17:53:10 -0500
Two other museums you might try are the Saratoga Auto Museum in Saratoga, NY and the Wells Auto Museum in Wells, ME. There are a few at each museum that are run regularly. Last time I was in Maine, probably 10 years ago now, the Wells Auto Museum offered rides to  visitors in some of their cars, and some of their personal vehicles too.

You could also try Astor's Beechwood Mansion in Newport, RI. During my summer in Rhode Island I often saw a Ford Model A bearing the Beechwood logo, though I don't know how directly connected the car and mansion were.

 I have to agree with David, and even though the museum I work for does not have any automobiles, being the owner of a vintage automobile myself, and knowing the safety concerns, constant maintenance and liability, I would still caution my colleagues about driving one or maintaining one in driving condition.

Just my thoughts though.

Regards,
John

John T. Hart, Jr.
Assistant Curator of Collections
The Farmers' Museum
The New York State Historical Association
PO Box 800
Cooperstown, NY 13326
P: (607) 547-1447