From:
geri thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 May 1996 15:11:25 GMT
Dear Adrienne, as cofounder of Professionals for NonProfits, Inc.,
specializing in the placement of temporary, permanent and special project
staff for museums and related oragnizations, I know that such an ad
(depending on the particular museum and its location) would attract several
hundred, if not thousands, of resumes - from entry level to seasoned and
respected museum professionals.  Given the current job market and climate,
as well as the changing nature of work as we approach the millenium, people
who have museum experience are looking to secure different positions,
change paths, work as consultants, engage in new projects.  We see this
each week as we sort through resumes sent to us nationwide.  Museums, too,
are looking for new staffing solutions, including more outsourcing of
entire projects.  Such a mass call for resumes, however, is not
cost-effective nor desirable.
The recruitment process can be expensive, time-consuming and frustrating.
I'd be delighted to discuss ways PNP might be of assistance to you and your
museum as you look to staff an entire institution.  We have experience with
both start-up and established museums. Please write to me off-line at PNP,
515 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10022.  212/546-9091; fax 212/546-9094.
Cheers!

geri thomas