From:
"Robert A. Baron" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 1995 23:55:20 -0500
On Dec 09, 1995 18:52:51, 'Tom Vaughan <[log in to unmask]>' wrote:

>I had never heard Ms. Elliott's first name before, but I have found it
>interesting to use gender-neutral first names (Kim, Chris, Pat, etc.) in
>hypotheticals during training.  It often causes people to confront their
>assumptions about gender roles in the work world, especially as regards
>power and authority.

This note is only tangentially related to the above:

Years ago I went to an Irish Bar/Restaurant in downtown LA.  Instead of
taking people's names for the table queue, they assigned each person an
Irish name. Black, White, Yellow or Red, in this restaurant everyone was
Irish!
--

Robert A. Baron
Museum Computer Consultant