From:
"Ross Weeks Jr." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Aug 1998 16:00:28 -0400
Geri, finding qualified staff for museum positions is not at all difficult.
It is the small museums that have problems attracting them -- either because
of location or compensation, or both.

Treating prospective employees as professionally and courteously as possible
can make the difference in the recruit.

A post some time ago indicated your firm, and others like yours, had a
practice of failing to acknowledge applicants who respond to your ads, and
never to let them know they're not under consideration.

That discourtesy is common also to many larger non-profits, and believe me,
it's remembered over the years.