From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 May 2003 12:24:25 -0700
Thank you!

Sometimes being a good American means you have the
courage to speak up for what you know is wrong in an
effort to protect your country.

As a now middle-aged Boomer, I grew up under the
concept of America, Love it Or Leave It.  I love my
country.  I have no plans to leave.  I do not,
however, condone some of its policies or actions.  I
personally feel I would be failing to hold up my
responsibilities as a "good American" if I didn't
speak up for what I believe to be wrong.  That would
be cowardly.

With that said, and ceding to Steve's comment this
morning, combined with what was reported this morning
about AAM, I have to ask, pray, and hope that, when
the members of AAM march off to conference next week,
there will be campaigns/committees formed to work with
the leadership in Washington to enact treatises that
will protect the world's historical, scientific, and
artistic assets.  If AAM can do that, it will have
accomplished much.

Furthermore, as the List Mater of the 640 member
MuseJobs list, I'd like to remind the members of AAM
that there are some very qualified, very caring,
talented, and enthusiastic professionals, many of them
quite seasoned, some of them green but filled with
zeal, who are looking for:

o  Job leads.

o  Professional mentors.

o  Tools to use in their soon-to-be-acquired newfound
jobs.

Anything you can pass along to me to go to them, or to
the list directly
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MuseJobs would be most
especially appreciated.

--- "Arthur H. Harris" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I've been following the thread reasonably closely
> and haven't really
> noticed very much in the way of anti-American bias.
> Lots of
> disagreement about policy, what's spin and what's
> not, and the like, but
> that's a long ways from anti-Americanism.  The day
> that disagreement
> with the government (or, for that matter, agreement
> WITH the government)
> is considered anti-American is the day that we've
> lost the dream.
>
> With few or no exceptions, this thread has been
> carried out by patriotic
> Americans who happen to differ on their
> interpretations of the evidence
> and its reliability, and likewise on whether what
> the country has done
> is moral and whether it will lead to greater or
> lesser security in
> either the short run or long term.
>
> I see no indication that any of the responders will
> tend to have more or
> less "museum exhibit" bias than any of the others.
>
> Art Harris

=====
Indigo Nights

Looking for a Job?  Try Got Links?, Your One-Stop Portal
http://victorian.fortunecity.com/stanmer/414