From:
Dale Bentley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Dec 1998 14:09:35 -0600
Carole,

    We did a stereoscope photography project with the local sixth graders
here in Buffalo, ND in conjunction with a travelling S.E.N.D. trunk exhibit
developed by the State Historical Society of North Dakota.  The exhibit
described the history of photography, and included an antique stereoscope
for the kids to use "hands-on".  We made a stereoscope camera using
instructions in the trunk to create our own local exhibit... called "Shoot!
Buffalo, ND" where we gave each elementary class a one-time use camera and
they took photos of what THEY thought was important in the community.  They
had a blast, and learned a bit about history and photography in the process.
In researching products to put our exhibit together, I found a catalog that
was most helpful online at  http://stereoscopy.com/reel3d/print-viewers.html
I was surprised to find a replica strereoscope for $40.00 and many other
products.  I received the printed catalog promptly as well.  Hope this
helps.

ps.  The kids LOVED learning about the stereoscope!!

Dale Bentley

Buffalo Heritage Center
Buffalo, ND