From:
TIS Intern <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 1998 15:56:16 -0500
Please excuse the cross-posting.

In accordance with the American Association of Museums' Strategic
Agenda, the Accreditation and Museum Standards Department is undertaking
identification of standards and best practices.  Both the AAM Board and
Accreditation Commission feel it is a priority to research standards in
the area of Interpretation.

As interns, our job is to conduct background research for this project.
For now, we are loosely defining Interpretation as "institutional
efforts to communicate with the public." As part of this research, we
would greatly appreciate any information you could provide.  This is not
a survey; any comments are welcome.

Has your institution developed an interpretive plan, policy and/or
statement?  If one is desired, but not in place, what tools would help
you to achieve it?  Does your institution's mission statement include
anything about interpretive philosophy?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.  We look forward to reporting
our research findings in the future.

Please reply off list to:
Melissa Schreck and Rachel Teck
Technical Information Service Interns