From:
Jim Angus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 1997 08:48:35 -0700
Last month I attended the first annual international "Museums and the Web"
conference.  At that time I was lucky enough to attend a workshop on video
conferencing using CU-SeeMe conducted by Susan Hazan, Head of the
Multimedia Education Unit, the Israel Museum in Jerusalem.  As a direct
result, and in collaboration, we have set up an experimental CU-See Me
reflector at the Natural History Museum.  The IP address is:  204.140.246.1

You can download the needed software at www.cuseeme.com

There is a free demo package.

CU-SeeMe permits one to use their PC or Mac, with or without a camera, to
communicate across the Internet.

I would like to extend an invitation to the Museum community to use our new
reflector to futher extend our ability to communicate using the Internet.
It is currently running 24 hours a day.

Jim

Jim Angus
Head of New Media
900 Exposition Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA  90007

http://www.nhm.org

voice:  213/744-3317
fax:    213/746-2999
eMail:  [log in to unmask] = [log in to unmask]