From:
"Shaw, David M" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Nov 2011 18:38:56 +0000
Southern Cultures, the award-winning and peer-reviewed quarterly from UNC's Center for the Study of the American South, has updated our online essays, features, and book reviews on the Civil War and its influences on American memory, culture, and commemoration, including this month's new featured content: James O. Farmer's "Playing Rebels: Reenactment as Nostalgia and Defense of the Confederacy."

50,000 people annually read Southern Cultures in print, online, and through eBooks, including scholars and students of public history, American studies, literature, sociology, political science, women & gender, music, photography & art, environment, religion, and many other subjects. The Library of Congress has selected our online archive of Civil War material for the LOC's own Sesquicentennial archives. To read our Civil War essays & new featured content, please visit:
http://www.southerncultures.org/content/read/read_by_subject/civil_war/

To read the latest issue or for information about submissions, please visit:
www.southerncultures.org

Thank you.

Best,

Dave Shaw
Executive Editor, Southern Cultures
UNC's Center for the Study of the American South
CB# 9127, UNC-CH
Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599-9127
www.SouthernCultures.org

"The rich array of photographs and graphics,
and the sincere and effective attempt at readerly appeal,
go well beyond what is attempted by most. . .
Southern Cultures is truly impressive."
-Council of Editors of Learned Journals