From:
Heather Stein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Aug 1998 09:42:29 -0600
Leah-

As a new graduate with a ton of loans from both undergrad and grad school,
I had to take a relatively high paying job (not at all related to museums)
in order to pay my bills and loan payments.  I am part of a two income
family and we would not be able to even "get by" with the type of salary
museums pay.  I'm not asking to be rich, but we couldn't live off of
18K a year as my income.  My current view - it's not worth it unless you
would only be happy working in a museum.

Heather