Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 1997 09:11:24 AES
Mariana,

Another possible repository for things Antarctic is Due South: the
Antarctic and Southern Ocean Centre currently in the final stages of
development in Hobart, Tasmania, Australia.  Contact details are available
on their home page www.antcrc.utas.edu.au/asoc/  (Apologies for responding
through the list).

Steven Fox
Collections Development
Department of Communications
and the Arts
GPO Box 2154 CANBERRA ACT 2601
Ph 02 6279 1695
Fax 02 6279 1684
Email [log in to unmask]
-------------
Original Text
From: C=US/A=INTERNET/DDA=ID/MUSEUM-L(a)HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM, on 4/11/97
1:29 AM:
Mariana;

As my system does not let me pick up yur own email address, I fear I must
respond through the list.

The two museums I know that are most interested in Antarctica are:

The International Antarctic Centre, located next to the airport in
Christchurch, New Zealand. Christchurch is the jumping-off point for
expeditions to Antarctica and the Centre is a joint US-NZ-French (I think)
operation which has a very well done visitors' centre, where the models
could
be displayed to advantage.

Another possibility is the Canterbury Museum in downtown Christchurch,
which
includes the history of Antarctic exploration in its mandate.

If interested, please contact me at [log in to unmask] and I
will
give you contact names and information.

Harry Needham
Director, Programmes & Operations