From:
Erin Quinn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 10:27:17 -0700
Dear Listers,

I am hoping that someone might be able to point me in the right direction.  We have a piece of equipment on display that has knives on it.  They are old, dull and rusty, but still a potential safety risk.  I have been asked to cover them in some fashion, preferably so the knives can still be seen.  Polyethylene plastic would seem to be a viable option, but I'm not sure of how to construct a sheath like this or if there is something that already exists that might work and that is made of inert materials.  I'd rather not reinvent the wheel if it's already been invented, so does any one have any suggestions.  On or off list is fine.

Thanks in advance!

Erin Quinn
Collections Coordinator
City of Greeley Museums