From:
Lynne Teather <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 1994 22:22:19 -0500
Dear Robbin Murphy,

The good news is that I did receive your Museum-l message from the 12th. I too
was wondering if I had been dropped due to my bad cyberspace
behaviour- but perhaps we've been forgiven.

We have a Museum Company and a rival the Museum Store at a large mall
in the northern section of Toronto called Yorkdale Mall. I know that I
am a bit poorer for having visited the store before Christmas-at least
I will be when I pay my Visa bill. The store has information that claims
it holds membership in the 'major'
museums of the world- whatever that may mean. Their merchandise does
not include material from local, national (I mean Canadian!) or other
than traditional, ie. artifacts of the Great Museums, the fine repro
Egyptian pieces typical
of the BM and the Met, etc. There are some interesting exceptions. I
like my plastic shower curtain that represents a Matisse in the
collection of the Los Angeles County Museum of Art. The company gives new
meaning to the idea of the Museum in the Mall or having a museological bath.

Where is the company based? Who are the shareholders? Is it one of the
Fortune 500? So much research to do and so little time.

Bye for now.

Lynne Teather,Prof.
Museum Studies Program,
University of Toronto