From:
Christa McCay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Mar 2011 14:24:43 -0500
Hello All,
I hope everyone is having a great Friday!  We have a large collection
of reproduction costumes that we use for staff use and for tours.
Some of the costumes are used for tours rather frequently and the
education staff wants to "disinfect" the clothes after each tour.
They want to use Lysol or some other kind of antibacterial spray,
since these clothes are occasionally used by kids to try on.  I have a
big problem with using Lysol for many reasons, one is the lingering
smell, two because many of these reproductions are made of wool and I
am worried about what they will do to the fabric in the long run.  The
costumes fall under my domain since they currently reside in my
office.  These are not items in the collection but they are still kept
track of an taken care of by me for the time being and we can't
replace them if they are damaged by the Lysol.
Any suggestions or ideas that could please both departments are
greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Christa McCay, M.H.P.
Registrar