Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 22:46:02 -0700
Just my two cents.

definately go to the Mutter museum. when I was at Penn I took a Museum and
Represntations class and we went to different Museums in Philly. THe Mutter
was great (the skeltons of the first "siemese twins" and at the time they
had a display of old gynocological instruments. I'm so glad for the modern
era. They also had a wall of skuls (very un-PC) but very anthropological.
You see the diversity in skull forms. There were some other things that was
disturbing which I will not describe here. But it is still one of those
things that you have to see.

And of course there is Ben Franlkin's house. Archaeology of his old privies
and old house. You can also talk to historical figures on telephones and
watch a a movie on Franklins life. Very touristy but it's free!

Then of course there is the Penn Museum 33rd and Spruce streets. See the
Syhinx that can never be removed from the museum. See the Living in Balance
exhibit and sit in the doom which shows the signifigance of the stars and
sun in Puebloan life! (and I'm not biased or anything!;) )

Getting out of anthropological museums, there is the Rodin museum. See the
"thinker" close up!

The Philly art Museum (free on Sundays).

I miss Philly! *sob*

Desiree