From:
"Craig E. Darcy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 1997 10:45:07 -0600
I've been involved in placing exhibits at the Calgary International
Airport, which still features substantial exhibits from both the Glenbow
Museum and the Royal Tyrell Museum of paleontology (alas, my work is no
longer there, but then neither am I)  The relationship of all these
exhibitors is on a no-fee basis, to the best of my knowledge; in fact, the
Airport Authority encourgaes the installations on a space-available basis
because it gives all those stranded passengers something to do other than
eat over-priced food and complain about waiting in barren airport
terminals.

From a security perspective, there is probably no better location for
off-site exhibits than an international airport inside the gates.
Unfortunately, most people killing time at an airport are on their way out
of your town, and hence are not likely to make a decision to visit your
institution based on the quality of your presentation.