From:
Mark Erik Nielsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jul 1998 09:36:57 -0400
One of the biggest problems with ART is that we take it too seriously.
Authenticity is a somewhat subjective commodity. Remember the Old Masters
and their numerous assistants? Remember R. Mutt's urinal? The artist and
friend should have planned more carefully, come up with a good alias and
shared in the glory.

Mark Nielsen
Exhibit Designer/Preparator
University of Michigan Museum of Art