From:
Geri Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 09:02:11 -0500
Salaries for Collections Managers, like other museum staff, vary widely.  A
good source to begin your research is the 1998 Salary Survey published by
the Association of Art Museum Directors.  Their email is [log in to unmask], At
Thomas & Hirsch, we have been working with a major eastern museum on
reviewing job descriptions, and making recommendations as to job titles,
organizational structure and salaries.  Salary decisions should be part of
an in-depth organizational process, which includes succession planning and
budget constraints.  We have been interviewing staff as well as executive
and senior managment to establish guidelines and in some cases to find
parity in wages across the same positions in different departments.  Please
let us know if we can assist your organization in any way.  Cheers!  Geri
Thomas, Thomas & Hirsch, 146 West 28th Street, New York, NY, 10001; Phone:
212/255-4358