Date:
Sun, 8 Mar 2009 18:51:42 -0400
I just started my first museum job. Our board, who are only somewhat informed about correct museum practices, has an exhibit concept using actual artifacts in several window displays.  The windows have UV protection, but I still don't feel great about that.

I've asked a few other museum professionals, and some are appalled I'd even ask, and some think it's a nifty plan.

Details if you want: Yes, temp/humidity control.  No, not great security--right on a street.  Yes, busy street, lots of vibration.  No, no awnings, and building faces west. Yes, follows mission of museum, and frankly, yes, would probably attract people.

I don't want to start off my career being a bad steward, but I'm also not sure how to handle telling them that a concept they've been working on for a few years might not work.

Help if you will.