Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 08:58:15 -0600
Why should the distance learning, or an accellerated program effect a job
prospec?. You get the same degree on the diploma, and that is on your
resume.  In terms of a masters program, your thesis or final project should
matter far more than the set up of your program.  Higher ed is moving into
many different program delivery methods, so this will all be moot at some
point. Life-long learning is the future.

Mo Daly

>One of the most plaguing problems of distace-learning is the vaibility of
>the degree being accepted much as a standard degree. Academia still has a
>difficult time with the viabiltiy of its assistant professors seeking
>tenure by publishing in on-line journals, so my only concern with seeking a
>PhD or Executive Doctorate is the acceptance level. So far, the program I'm
>attending at Case has no problem in placing graduate who seek job changes,
>no matter if they are in the residency or non-residency program. Could
>anyone address the employment aspect? Cheers!
>Jennifer L. Williams
>Independent Museum-type Person (IMP)
>Boone, NC
>

>         You have the gene - the crazy gene.
>                              -"Doc"

Maureen Daly
William F. Eisner Advertising & Design Museum
Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design
273 E. Erie Street
Milwaukee WI 53202
414-350-7889 voice (cell)