From:
Michael Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Apr 2003 12:31:28 -0500
Hi Fellow Listers

    As a curator I believe that the original Constitution of The United
States of America is worth preserving and I fully support any steps that
are taken to do so.  However, I also believe that the true value of the
Constitution are in the idea that it presents for a new form of
representative government with checks and balances.  Even if the
original document were destroyed, there are enough printed copies around
that the ideas and principles contained in the document would not be
lost.  My copy of the Constitution is in a file.  Where is yours?
    I hope every one is having a good Friday.

--
Michael Wright
Curator of Collections