From:
Erin Crissman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Aug 2005 08:40:07 -0400
Hi Everyone:

I have a friend who's step-father was quite a prolific professional artist.
Most of his work consists of watercolors completed in the 1970s, some have
had lithos made already.  Recenty, his wife also passed away and her
children are looking into options for divesting themselves of the family
collection.  The artist died between five and ten years ago and his studio
is still intact and all of the work exactly where he left it, many framed
throughout the house, etc. He did create a living from his work and sold
pieces throughout his lifetime to people with recognizeable names.

I am looking for information to pass along to the family regarding
equitable dispersement.  They are reluctant to use an auction house and
value honoring his presence in the world more so than quick and painless
dispersment.

Does anyone have similar experiences?  Also, is there another listserv
and/or places that are more specific to art galleries/art museums that I
could check for more information?

Thanks for any advice you may have.

Erin Crissman
Curator