From:
DELECIA HUITT <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Oct 1998 11:38:00 -0500
After explaining this "do not touch" concept with school children, I then
explain to them that this means that their teachers can't touch either
and ask for them to "help" me watch their teachers to make sure they
don't touch.  This, then, "puts them on my side" designated to "assist"
me in protecting the artifacts from the grownups.   They love it and will
actually tell their teachers not to touch.  It empowers someone who
normally has none in those situations.  Just another technique. . .

Delecia Huitt
Division of State Parks
Festus, MO 63028