From:
Exhibitions Department <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 14:59:18 -0500
I like the step-on mat-type counters because you can separate visitation to
several different areas and hide them under a rug or other floor covering.
Some are more sensitive than others--the cheaper ones, for example,
sometimes miss counting children because they are too light to trigger the
mechanism.  They are also useful for triggering changes in light levels for
light-sensitive works, so when a visitor approaches the light level is
increased for them and decreases when they leave (although for that purpose
I like the ceiling-mounted sensors better).

You can find vendor names in the ads in the back of MUSEUM NEWS--fill in the
visitor response card and they will send you literature with pricing.

Julia Muney Moore
Director of Exhibitions and Artist Services
Indianapolis Art Center
820 E. 67th St.
Indianapolis, IN  46220
(317) 255-2464 x233