From:
Janice Klein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 1998 09:06:42 -0600
I will repeat the basics of my previous message. The eagle protection laws
are the most stringent of any endangered species legislation.   US law does
not allow museums (under any circumstances) to export or import parts of
eagles (feathers, claws, wings, bones, etc.).  You will also need a permit
to transport eagle parts within the US if the bird was taken (i.e., killed)
after the Bald Eagle Protection Act went into effect (1940 for bald eagles;
1962 for golden eagles).

Don't take chances or guess with this law -- your objects will be
confiscated and your museum will be fined.

Janice Klein
Registrar, The Field Museum (of Natural History)