From:
James Schulte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 17:00:08 -0500
Ms Pawle,
        Here are some other sources in the Lehigh Valley area you may want to check
with. In Allentown, the Lehigh County Historical Society since a large
population lived in the first ward. Also check with St Mary's (Ukes club)
someone there may be able to guide you as well. Then there is the Slovak
Club and the Hungarian club, both may serve as resources. Finally the Polish
club, all these clubs served the various ethic groups which inhabited the
first ward. I have sent you iniatial email one to some folks and may return
more info.  oh and St Johns Club on Front Street, this is a Slovak Catholic
Club( stop on a Sunday Breakfast is awesome( i suggest the everything
omelet))associated with the attached church and school.One of the wonderful
pieces about the 1st ward in Allentown is the many ethic churches and
neighborhoods associated with them. You may also want to research into the
brewery industry since many of these immigrants work their, and lived there.