From:
Don Bassingthwaite <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 1994 13:20:11 -0500
Serve me with crumpets for tea if Joseph Mella didn't write:

> We have received a number of African, Central and South American and Oceanic
> objects in the past year. I am looking for sources, i.e. books, articles
> and the like, on the fabrication of museum mounts for such objects. Many
> of the works are masks. Others include standing figures, and a wide
> assortment of vessels.

Masks are one of the things covered in this article.  It might be
worth taking a look at, although the emphasis is on storage rather
than display mounts.

Philip R. Ward (no date, sorry)
     In Support of Difficult Shapes - Museum Methods Manual 6.
     British Columbia Provincial Museum.

My copy came from CCI and has the call number AM 141 M874 v.6 (it
looks like it was originally a fairly thin paperback).

Don Bassingthwaite
University of Toronto, Museum Studies
Oo-e-oo-ahah-ting-tang-wallawalla-bing-bang