From:
nimanuma willis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 10:45:30 CST
Hello everyone.

my name is paul willis.  While studying a masters in cultural heritage i
am
working  at a aboriginal research centre in alice springs, australia.
The
theme/subject matter of my final year thesis is to be on the question of
whether  aboriginal (indigenous) artefacts should or should not be
returned to
their rightful owners.  i would like to know the members  ideas,
feelings, or
thoughts on this matter.  In addition, any relevant publications,
journals, or
papers that discuss this issue.

Although, i am writing primarily on the life of ted strehlow and his
work with
the aranda (arrente) people of central australia, i do beleive that
other
institutions that house indigenous artefacts or items, would have to
address
this issue sooner or later to either hold onto or give back the objects.

Any information, insights, thoughts, or  recommendations would be
greatly
appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

King regards